Re: black screen at hurd-console startup on jenkins.d.n

Gabriele Giacone, le Sat 12 Apr 2014 22:10:19 +0200, a écrit :
> By resubmitting it, black screen:
>
> https://jenkins.debian.net/view/g-i-installation/job/g-i-installation_debian_sid_daily_hurd_lxde/9/
>
> That reminds me we getting black screens on xdm startup till you made
> hurd-console not to depend on $all anymore.

Indeed, but the bugfix for this is available in the current package.

> We also said xdm still needs gettys (all rc2/S* script started) and
> seems to start properly just because it starts slowly, giving gettys
> time to actually start.

Note that the installer doesn't use xdm at all.

> Might those be other races?

Possibly, the d-i startup scripts can probably be hacked so as to get a
shell on the serial console to debug it for instance.

Samuel