dead name notifications in static binaries, probably more issues?

Hello,

You will probably be interested to know that I have just fixed dead name
notification in static binaries.  I was wondering why I was getting
spurious deallocations, ended up in the translator list code, and
wasn't seeing deadname notifications.  It happened to be a mere symbol
overriding issue: ports_dead_name doesn't get overriden when linking
statically unless it is made a weak definition, which I have just done.
I'm afraid there might be quite a few other things like this which
aren't working, any ideas?

Samuel