Re: Need help with openvpn

Svante Signell, le Wed 22 Oct 2014 13:58:12 +0200, a écrit :
> On Wed, 2014-10-22 at 13:48 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Svante Signell, le Wed 22 Oct 2014 12:47:30 +0200, a écrit :
> > > On Wed, 2014-10-22 at 12:29 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry, but Justus was really completely clear.
>
> Maybe it's a matter if you are CS/EE person or not. Interpretations of
> language differs. For example a filter for me is en electric device, not
> for water to make coffee, of filtering streams of data.

Being an EE person can't prevent you from learning what a filter is
outside of EE.  When you are talking with an average person, I hope you
can understand that "filter" would mean for them what is typically used
for cleaning water, not an electric device...

I guess what you were missing here is the meaning of "over".  In network
stuff, A *over* B means A has data to transmit and gets B do it for him.
If you didn't know that, well, you should have studied it before even
thinking about tinkering with networks, since you need to be able to
understand the technical documentations.

> > > I tried with --proto tcp-server and tcp-client but that did not work
> > > out. Do you want to see the details?
> >
> > Without details, I can't divine what you have done wrong.
> >
> > But did you actually try what we have suggested, i.e. enabling UDP
> > forwarding instead of TCP forwarding in qemu?
>
> I'm working on that but which port to forward the traffic to?

Well, the port you have told openvpn to listen on. How do you think
traffic can magically divine where it has to go if you don't tell which
UDP port is being used.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to spend on teaching you the basic
networking things.

Samuel