Re: please remove kfreebsd-any from Architecture

On 08/06/14 00:00, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Robert Millan<rmh@debian.org>  (2014-06-07):
>On 02/06/14 20:13, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> >May I ask what was broken on gdm3 and gnome-shell to have caused all
> >these removals?
>
>Long-standing RC bugs in GDM3 [1], and your choice of making gnome-shell
>depend on it.
>
>Combined with Release Teams ruling that including GDM3 in Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
>is not a requirement for Jessie.
>
>Basically, you're on your own. If you want to provide GDM3 to GNU/kFreeBSD users
>in Jessie, please make it work. Refer to list of RC bugs below.
>
>If you want to provide gnome-shell to non-GDM3 users, then please go ahead
>and do so. I even sent you patches.
>
>Alternatively, just ignore this mess and stop bothering us.
I'd like to kindly suggest switching to a more positive attitude.
Aggressiveness isn't going to help anything.

Emilio asked a question. Since I have no proof that he asked in bad faith, I have to
assume he merely ignored the facts (existance of RC bugs). And this is why I answered
with facts only.

You don't need to thank me for doing that, since I think it was the right thing to do.
However, I think it'd be fair to ask that you give me similar treatment.

--
Robert Millan