Re: Bogus low-memory mode

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Donald Allen, le Tue 28 May 2013 23:31:34 -0400, a écrit :
>> Another issue: on the 600x, I did a
>>
>> shutdown -hP now
>
> Please make sure to read the faq :)

If 'shutdown' is known not to work and, from the FAQ, apparently does
not work by design, why include it? Or, since this is a Unix system
and Unices have shutdown commands, make a tiny shutdown script that
echoes the FAQ text, instead of supplying a known broken command and
assuming someone will consult the FAQ when the command doesn't work
and instead spits out random stuff about a missing file, which sure
looks like a bug.