Re: Hacking gnumach to track parental relationship of tasks

At Thu,  5 Sep 2013 16:57:41 +0200,
Justus Winter wrote:
> I made two rather small and (as I thought) straight forward changes to
> gnumach to keep track of a tasks father task and to make this
> information available.

What happens when the parent task is destroyed?  Are the children
destroyed with it automatically?  Does it stick around as a zombie?
Are the children reparented to their grandparent?  The last option has
the least overhead, but then you need to be careful about children
escaping from the task hierarchy.  (This is probably relevant to a
cgroup implementation.)

> Now I know handing out task ports right and
> left is not a wise thing to do, but I wanted to do it this way as a
> first step.

A child should not necessarily be able to send to its parent (the
parent may want to contain the child in some way).  However, it seems
reasonable to allow a parent to send to its child.

Note: the parent task should probably be the parent as provided to
task_create.

Neal