Re: Roll call for porters of architectures in sid and testing

Hello,

I am not currently a porter but I would like to be one for the
architecture parisc/hppa.

I currently have lots of parisc hardware (5 workstations and 4 servers),
all currently running debian unstable from our own debian repository
at www.parisc-linux.org.

My involvement for debian-parisc so far:
- - I was one of the initiators of parisc-linux port back in 1999.
- - I have continuous worked on the ports since then.
- - I'm currently one of the two official linux kernel maintainers for
  the parisc port at kernel.org.
- - I've fixed quite some debian bugs reported for parisc in the past,
  including locking functions in gcc, KDE fixes, udev fixes and many more.
- - I do have a strong linux developer background (C/C++, Assembler) and
  was formerly a developer at a major linux distributor.
- - I'm maintaining the parisc-linux website and wikis.

I am not a DD/DM but would like to become one.

At last, I would be happy if parisc could become again a supported
platform in the debian-ports repositories for the lifetime of Jessie.

parisc was dropped with debian squeeze, because there were quite some
stability issues with the Linux kernel at that time. Currently,
upstream kernel 3.10 (stable) and kernel 3.11 do work reliable on all
major machines.

 -- Helge Deller