Re: Weekly report (4th week) - Debian GNU/Hurd Debianish initialization

Hi :)

Quoting Charlie Derr (2013-07-12 16:08:16)
> Thanks so much for all your efforts.  I immediately attempted to upgrade to your packages on my working install of
> debian/GNU hurd.  It's running on an old IBM Netvista.
>
> I seem to be locked up though before getting a console (I did make the requested addition to my /etc/inittab as you
> specified).
>
> I'll type in the bottom half of the screen output manually (as the network didn't appear to come up, which didn't
> actually surprise me -- I thought I'd be able to fix that after loggin in, but I didn't get a chance):
>
> 2 multiboot modules
>

>         task loaded: ext2fs --readonly --multiboot-command-line=root=device:hd0s1 --host-priv-port=1
>   --device-master-port=2 --exec-server-task=3 -T typed device:hd0s1
> task loaded: exec /hurd/exec
>
> start ext2fs: Hurd server bootstrap: ext2fs[device:hd0s1] exec init proc auth
>

> So is there any hope for recovering this system or do I need to reinstall?

I'm also seeing this issue, but it occures only rarely. I think it
also happens with the old runsystem.gnu file. I've no idea what causes
it though. Try rebooting the machine a couple of times. Anyone got an
idea what might be wrong?

Justus