Re: Performance of Hurd in a VM

Malina Sulca, le Fri 06 Apr 2012 12:16:06 +0800, a écrit :
> I decided recently to try Hurd, and I thought it best to document it in a blog
> that you can find here:
> http://hurdbeginner.blogspot.com/
>
> So I installed it in a VM but the I/O is very slow. This is also the case for
> the pre-installed image that can be downloaded from here:
> http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/debian-hurd.img.tar.gz

Which version of kvm and linux are you running exactly? We don't have
such issues.

> How can I improve the overall performance level of the system to make it
> usable?

As Svante mentioned, enabling the writeback option should help.

> As a bonus, is it possible to increase the default size of the
> console? 80x25 feels a bit cramped.

one to the bdf format and feed the console with it (-f option of the vga
module).  But as Svante said, it's probably simpler to connect through
telnet or ssh.

Samuel