Re: DHCP client

Thorsten Glaser, le Tue 24 Jan 2012 17:23:53 +0000, a écrit :
> OpenBSD has taken ISC’s DHCP client and server, split them and
> then stripped down and fixed each part independently. Maybe the
> stand-alone client would be an easier target to work on, until
> ISC’s carries all necessary patches?

Well, we don't lack working DHCP software, we do have one on
debian-ports.  What we lack is integration of our patch into the main
archive.

> It uses privilegue separa-
> tion, and the script could be switched with one for Hurd.
>
> env CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.openbsd.org:/cvs \
>     co -PA src/sbin/dhclient
>
> I’d suggest packaging this as openbsd-dhcp-client as an alternative
> for all architectures. I guess I could help with that, if there is
> interest.

It would also mean managing to integrate it with existing ifupdownerie,
I'm not sure it's worth the effort compared to just integrate our fix to
isc-dhcpd.

Thanks anyway,
Samuel