Re: Unofficial GNU/Hurd release in connection to Debian/Wheezy?

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 13:59 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle venerdì 5 ottobre 2012, Svante Signell ha scritto:
> > Follow-up questions:
> > 1) What to do about the Debian bug #599789
> > - upload an updated (rediffed) hurd.patch?
> > - upload the .debian.tar.gz and the .dsc file?
> > - do nothing?
>
> or, even better:
> - forward it upstream, which I did earlier, since you apparently care
> more having things in debian-ports than having them fixed properly
> upstream

Good idea, maybe you might do that, you are the bug submitter.
Otherwise I'll do it (in due time). Regarding debian-ports I'm
interested in what the percentage would be when all bugs having patches
are applied, because the working packages triggers new build problems
on depending ones. (however not for premake, which is a leaf package).

> Also, the patch in #599789 applies fine, when the end line is set to
> CRLF (somehow it got converted while sending... wtf).

I finally found that out. Why should one use CRLF nowadays?

> Furthermore, the 3.x serie of premake is basically dead upstream, and
> the 4.x serie is the active one.

Yes, I know the 4.x series is in the works, 4.4-beta4 is the latest so
far.