Re: ifupdown: Add support for GNU/Hurd (for review)

Svante Signell, le Mon 21 May 2012 23:11:07 +0200, a écrit :
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 21:09 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > You are looking for "non invasive", not intrusive.
> >
> > ./hurd/debugging/gdb/noninvasive_debugging.mdwn
> >
> > in the wiki, pointing at
> >
> > http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_19.html#Hurd%20Native
> >
> > That said, for inspecting a crash usually you don't need that. Just
> > attach, let it continue, and on crash you get control again.
> >
> Does the pfinet process respawn after crashing, it has the same PID
> before as well as after:
> inetutils-ifconfig --interface lo --up
> inetutils-ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS failed: Computer bought the farm

Ah??

Well, yes, pfinet respawns, but it's supposed to get another PID. I
wonder which port ifconfig gets EIEIO from, then. An rpctrace might
telle.

> And I had to use set noninvasive to tell gdb not to stop the ethernet
> interface.

I don't see why:

gdb /hurd/pfinet 1234
gdb> continue

should just let pfinet work.

> Anyway here is a backtrace:

It is just a normal backtrace, most probably because the problem is not
actually there.

Samuel