Re: ifupdown: Add support for GNU/Hurd (for review)

Svante Signell, le Mon 21 May 2012 21:04:10 +0200, a écrit :
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 20:45 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Svante Signell, le Mon 21 May 2012 20:14:10 +0200, a écrit :
> > > Note: ifupdown is written in noweb,
> >
> > Wow, I didn't know that, that's fun :)
>
> This information was intended for people who haven't read the MLs (or
> IRC) lately. Don't mock me, please :(

I wasn't mocking at all.

I really didn't know that ifupdown itself was written in it, I assumed
it was only e.g. some part of the build or some such.

Really, please avoid assuming that people are mean, it's most of the
case completely untrue.

> > You should attached a debugger to pfinet before running these crash
> > commands, to know where pfinet crashes.
>
> Forgot the command options to use, some non-intrusive option was needed
> in addition to attaching to the pfinet PID.

You are looking for "non invasive", not intrusive.

./hurd/debugging/gdb/noninvasive_debugging.mdwn

in the wiki, pointing at

http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_19.html#Hurd%20Native

That said, for inspecting a crash usually you don't need that. Just
attach, let it continue, and on crash you get control again.

> And I didn't find a pfinet
> process on the lo interface, only eth0, how come?

The pfinet for eth0 also handles lo.

Samuel