Re: I might talk on Gnu/Hurd : FEB/10/2012 : Need you help

Hi Harish :)

Quoting harish badrinath (2012-02-01 09:44:37)
>Hello,
>I have proposed a talk on Gnu/Hurd at http://gnunify.in/.
>I have watched http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/ghm2011/Samuel_Thibault-GNU_Hurd.ogv.
>Can you point me to similar material ??

I recently did a lightning talk about the Hurd that was partially
inspired by Samuels talk. You can find the slides here [0].

I thought about some more features that a microkernel can give you by
default and compared it to equivalent features in Linux, looked up the
version and year they were introduced in and their current state.

As a gimmick I used xpdf running directly on my Debian GNU/Hurd
installation inside kvm and at the end of the talk for the live demo
(hostmux + ftpfs) I just quit the viewer and told the audience that
the live demo has been running the whole time just to show how close
Hurd is to being usable for normal work.

Cheers,
Justus

0: https://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/Fachschaft/wiki/images/d/d1/Debian_gnu_hurd_2.0.pdf