Re: Issuing "halt" locks up computer and working graphical browser (dillo)

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:24:24PM +0200, peter@kahn.nu wrote:

> I'm using real hardware. No use in using emulators, i want the real
> experience. :)

That's the spirit! ;-)

> But it still feels "wrong" to hard reset the computer every time.

I avoid that by running "reboot" instead of "halt", and then turning it
off before it boots again :-)

(I can even do this headless, due to the characteristic sound signature
of the BIOS POST...)

> And i still get fchecks occationally.

I found that it usually helps to wait >5 seconds between the last other
action, and launching the reboot... Haven't tried though whether this is
still true when doing the explicit syncfs.

-antrik-