Re: NMUs?

On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 16:42 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Samuel Thibault, le Fri 19 Aug 2011 16:40:49 +0200, a écrit :
> > We also have a file/logrotate package in the archive, so it's not urging.
>
> Note: when doing the ftpmaster cleanup, we should probably take care of
> these packages for which the fix is simply not uploaded yet.

Yes, they are on the out-of-date list.

A package that an NMU would help increase the number of built packages
is pvm, one example is scalapack-*. I have submitted a bug report in
#622932, but no response from the DM since 15 Apr 2011. I also had
contact with the upstream maintainers, and they promised to fix this,
but so far no new versions or bugfixed versions have appeared. Progress
is now on voluntary basis, since pvm is not actively developed any
longer.

There is also a wishlist for 3.4.6 in #626344. Latest Debian maintainer
packaging 3.4.5-12 was from June 02 2009. Since then there has been two
NMUs. Does not look like the DM is very active any longer.

Yes I know that pvm will be superseeded by *mpi* but until then, it
would be nice to have all the on pvm depending packages built.

See also your reply on the DH-ML:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2011/05/msg00062.html