Re: Installation report of the July 1st version of the debian installer image

Justus Winter, le Tue 12 Jul 2011 02:22:16 +0200, a écrit :
>  * Locating the cdrom drive takes a long time, some error messages are
>    printed to stderr ('end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00, sector 0',
>    once more for 02:01)

This was a real CD-ROM drive I guess? Did you check with another OS
that the drive is able to read the CD properly?  This really looks like
a physical error.

>  * It failed at various points within the debootstrap process, for
>    example 'Warning: Failure trying to run:
>    chroot /target /usr/lib/hurd/setup-translators -k'. The beginning of
>    that file contained a small number of garbage bytes, the rest of the
>    file looked fine. /var/log/messages contained
>    'debootstrap: /usr/lib/hurd/setup-translators /usr/lib/hurd/setup-translators:
>    cannot execute binary file'.

The file does not have garbage in the ISO file, so the issue must be
while reading it from the CD.

Samuel