Re: How to tell Grub2 how to boot GNU/Hurd

Vecu BOSSEUR, le Tue 19 Jul 2011 19:26:24 +0200, a écrit :
> I failed to setup a fresh new Debian GNU/Hurd system starting with a
> NETINSTALL .iso image (whithin qemu+kvm) because of to reasons :
>   - package "adduser" couldn't be dowloaded.

Most probably just a transient error.

> In fact, documentation is everywhere, but seldom pertinent because of
> the high pace these technologies evolve.

Yes. The problem is that a lot of people seem to think it's good to
write yet another tutorial, which soon gets outdated.

> Please, tell me what your grub2 configuration files look like, or what
> I shall type at the prompt.

So just stick to the official documentations:
- in the grub2 info file, section 4.2.1 GNU/Hurd.
- on the hurd wiki grub page, http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/grub.html

Samuel