Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

Hallo!

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:47:19 +0100, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 09:33:27AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> > http://blog.ganneff.de/blog/2011/03/23/debian-ftpmaster-meeting-2011-2.html
> >
> > Anyway, it looks like we have up to two years (until the Wheezy release)
> > to get Hurd into (technology review) release status.
>
> Yes, that's about it; we agreed to evaluate the situation at wheezy's
> release.  If the hurd-i386 port manages to release with wheezy as a
> technology preview, it stays in.  If not, it will be removed from
> ftp.debian.org to debian-ports (or elsewhere).

So -- if we have this noble goal, and think that it's realistic, then we
should coordinate working towards it.  As we've seen in this thread's
later messages, there are already some issues known, and others still
have to be evaluated.  I have the feeling that we'll need a structured
approach to avoid bad surprises.  Basic time management, defining goals,
working on them, checking them, and all that.  :-)

Now, where to collect all this?  I can, of course, offer the GNU/Hurd
pages, but probably this should rather be on a Debian wiki page?

Grüße,
 Thomas