Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

Samuel Thibault, le Wed 30 Mar 2011 11:32:02 +0200, a écrit :
> olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net, le Tue 29 Mar 2011 23:38:27 +0200, a écrit :
> > On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 06:52:36PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >
> > > The archive coverage may be a concern: possibly getting from 68% to
> > > 85% won't come by just fixing a few depended-on packages...
> >
> > I once did a rough estimation based on percantage of failing vs.
> > build-dep packages and applying it recursively. I arrived at the
> > conclusion that if it wasn't for the build-dep issues, we should be at
> > about 85% packages building.
>
> Had you applied the % of failing packages to the build-dep packages?
> (since they won't all succeed). In my memory it wasn't getting to it.

The current figures are:

up-to-date: 66.4%
need-build: 2.33%
building: 0.14%
failed: 14.5%
dep: 15.1%

So, even assuming that the 2.33% pending actually build, and rounding
that to 70. We have about 15% failed and 15% dep-waiting. At best we can
hope 85% indeed.

But 15% packages have failed to build, which is 17.5% of all the
attempted packages, and thus of 15% dep-waiting packages, we can expect
about 2.6% failing.

Samuel