Re: VirtualBox slow booting problem

Am 28.03.2011 08:05, schrieb Jens Mühlenhoff:
> Defining DEBUG_GDTH leads to compile errors (I tried 3 and 1). I'll try to add some printfs.

The problematic loop is here:

The driver scans >600 PCI ports and each scan takes half a second or something.

Changing the TRACE() to printk on the following line shows that.

In gdth.h you can see that PCI_DEVICE_ID_VORTEX_GDTMAXRP is defined as 0x2ff, maybe that could be reduced to some more reasonable value?

Or are there really systems out there that have 768 PCI ports?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Mühlenhoff