Re: VirtualBox slow booting problem

Am 28.03.2011 08:05, schrieb Jens Mühlenhoff:

> Defining DEBUG_GDTH leads to compile errors (I tried 3 and 1). I'll try to add some printfs.

The problematic loop is here:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hurd/gnumach.git/tree/linux/src/drivers/scsi/gdth.c#n3107

The driver scans >600 PCI ports and each scan takes half a second or something.

Changing the TRACE() to printk on the following line shows that.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hurd/gnumach.git/tree/linux/src/drivers/scsi/gdth.c#n500

In gdth.h you can see that PCI_DEVICE_ID_VORTEX_GDTMAXRP is defined as 0x2ff, maybe that could be reduced to some more reasonable value?

Or are there really systems out there that have 768 PCI ports?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Mühlenhoff