Re: vmware+grub+Xorg Re: [Fwd: Some qemu+hurd questions]

Svante Signell, le Wed 10 Nov 2010 12:09:21 +0100, a écrit :
> Update: Starting X (as root) hangs:
> qemu -m 256 -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user,hostfwd=tcp::5555-:22 -hda
> hurd-install.qemu -vga vmware
>
> Terminal output: vmsvga_value_write: guest runs Linux.
>
> Hangs with a black screen and a blinking mouse pointer!

How do you start X? Just X or startx?

> The pointer is a
> strange large blinking square visible when moving the pointer to the
> Qemu window edge.

I've seen odd glitches with the vmware driver, yes. Unfortunately
the latest version of the vmware driver doesn't build (depends on
non-available libdrm). Somebody might want to have a look at building
xserver-xorg-video-vmware without the drm dependency.

> The big problem is that I now cannot get out of the
> mouse grab with <ctrl><alt>

Uh, that'd be a qemu bug then.

> Is the problem in qemu or X this time? Definitely not grub!?

Definitely not grub :)

Samuel