Re: [Fwd: Some qemu+hurd questions]

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 19:36 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Tue 09 Nov 2010 19:24:35 +0100, a écrit :

> > > Aaah, I think I now remember, it must but a reminicence of an old bug
> > > being that xinit is not allowed to kill the X server, and thus the X
> > > server just cycles.  You should be able to use ctrl-alt-backspace to
> > > kill it (you'll probably need to enable it thanks to the
> > > terminate(ctrl_alt_bksp) option of setxkbmap.
> >
> > Thanks, I'll try to find out how setxkbmap works.

It works, here is a short summary of two methods:
1) .xinitrc
#! /bin/sh
setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
exec wmaker

2) xorg.conf
Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
  Driver "xkb"
   Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"
#   Option "XkbModel    "pc105"
   Option "XkbLayout"  "se"
   Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

One comment: XkbModel "pc105", is fully valid, but errors out when
starting X if not commented out. Strange!

BTW: Is it of any use to report bugs to Hurd-related Debian packages
(and Hurd-specific ones, like random-egd) to submit@bugs.debian.org? Or
should they be reported upstream, or elsewhere? I'll try to solve some
bugs myself, but the success-rate will vary of course. We also have the
people at Arch Hurd, but then I need install that too to see if their
packages have the same problem.

Thanks,
Svante