Re: [Fwd: Some qemu+hurd questions]

On 11/05/2010 02:15 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Fri 05 Nov 2010 08:38:38 +0100, a écrit :
>
>> Trying the vmware option hangs qemu or is it Hurd?
>>
>> qemu -m 256 -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user -hda hurd-install.qemu -vga
>> vmware
>> unaligned pointer 0x8ecc0002
>>
> Mmm, that comes from grub, Mach is not even started yet at that point.

Yes, it's our equivalent of glibc malloc abort. Which version do you
use? Do you use gettext? Any non-standard partition or fs schemes? May I
have your failing image?
>> Adding -curses the hang happens at the display of:
>> 640 x 350 Graphic mode
>>
> With only the BIOS boot screen before that?  That'd really be grub's
> fault.
I don't think it's a hang at all (or any different from previous hang).
Just qemu doesn't do any OCR so with -curses you lose any graphical output.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko