Re: Fresh and updated qemu image

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 09:03:59PM +0200, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>
> Am Sonntag, 18. April 2010 01:57:37 schrieb Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez:
> > Please, can you tell me if Debian Proyect and/or GNU/Hurd Team can and want
> > host this qemu image for keep it available (for a while)?. My idea is
> > people who try Debian GNU/Hurd through qemu need a system newer than k16
> > image (2007).
>
> That sounds great!
>
> (I like ???least possible intervention???, because it allows people to test the
> Hurd with very little effort ??? and if the image gets superseeded, no effort is
> lost, because that???s just how free software works, and there will be people
> you allowed to test the Hurd who otherwise wouldn???t have tested it)
>
> How much space do you need for the image?
>
> Best wishes,
> Arne

Hi Arne, thanks for your kind reply.

I think the updated qemu img file is a bit big, 225,3 Mb. But "it is" and
the system is all "ready to use" as GNU/Hurd can be right now.

I tried to look for my own hosting web site for the file, but nowdays a "good" free hosting
looks hard to find.

Best Regards.

Jose.

--