xdotool trouble on hurd-i386

hey debian hurd folk--

the latest version of xdotool appears to build fine on all architectures
except for hurd-i386:

here's the failed build log:

the problem appears to be with the invocation of Xvfb during testing.
the logs diverge from successful builds with these error messages, which
i can't make head or tails of:

> cd t/; sh run.sh
> _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
> _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/bach:15
> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
> _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.
> _XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
> _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

I don't have a hurd machine myself, and strauss.debian.net doesn't have
Xvfb on it (i haven't checked for the other build-deps).

Any suggestions on what my next steps should be?

Please cc me as i'm not subscribed to the list.