Re: Java in Hurd

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Da Zheng, le Sat 03 Jan 2009 14:33:38 +0000, a écrit :
Can we use Java in Hurd now?

Bootstraping a java environment is a pain.  I had succeeded to build
some gcj at some point, but there were some bugs and then a new release
came, breaking other things, etc.  So it should be possible, but it's
long and painful.

Samuel
It's bad to hear that.
but are there any other Java compiler we can use? jikes is an alternative, but it seems not to support all features required by classpath while the virtual machine, kaffe, seems to require classpath.
I wonder if there are substitutes for any of them.

Zheng Da