Re: Noob Having trouble in Virtual Box

I can't recommend trying to use Hurd as your main OS at all.  It's VERY unstable and VERY buggy.  I mean VERY buggy.  I can't recommend it at all unless you're very interested in alternative OSes, are a developer, or unless you want to be a developer.

However, if you do want to try Hurd, which I do think is pretty cool, try installing debian on virtual box.  Then use the crosshurd package to migrate to Hurd.  That's the only way I've gotten Hurd to work in Virtual Box and Vmware Server.