Re: Wireless

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 04:55:19PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 08:59:29PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > I understand that if wireless-tools-gnumach is installed, then
> > iwconfig can be used.  Is there a way to setup wireless through

For the moment there's only support for the orinoco pcmcia card in
GNU Mach.  The driver however doesn't support network scanning.

> > /etc/network/interfaces, as I do under debian-linux?  For example:
> >
> > iface eth1 inet dhcp
> >         wireless-essid  <MY_ESSID>
> >         wireless-key    <my_passwd>
> >
> > Maybe even mapping working, so that I can define a home encrypted
> > access point, and a general open one?  Is there a howto?  Does
> > guessnet work?
>
> No, /etc/network/interfaces is not (yet) supported, and I don't know
> about guessnet.

I've never used guessnet so far, but if it relies on (or you configure
it to) network scanning (i.e. `iwlist eth1 scan'), it won't work.  If
you configure it to just try one network config after another and see
whether it is able to connect to an access point, it should work.

If not, please tell :)

cheers,
  stesie