Re: tcsh not properly installed?

On Nov 20, 2007 9:53 AM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 08:44:00PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > # ls -l /usr/bin/tcsh
> > lrwxr-xr-x root root 13 Nov 19 19:07 /usr/bin/tcsh -> /usr/bin/tcsh
> >
> > The weird thing is that I saw several bytes getting downloaded to just
> > be an empty package.  Does any one know if this is just a package
> > issue, and if the binaries are somewhere in the /var/cache so that
> > there's a work around for the package?
>
> Do you have a /usr->. symlink maybe?  This might one of the cases where
> this breaks things.
>

> Michael

Yes I do.  But in a previous hurd installation it happened the same
thing, and I didn't have the symlink at that time...  Back then I
decided to compile/install tcsh from upstream, but seeing the package
getting downloaded makes me believe the binaries and everything should
be somewhere, just a matter of knowing what to do, :), but then of
course I don't...

--
Javier