Re: strange behaviour of HURD (was: MAKEDEV kills everything)

Arnuld,

I myself am brand new to GNU, so I know nothing regarding your issue. That said, if you go to, http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2007/06/threads.html and scroll down towards the bottom of the page you will find some of my posts. In them I posted that I had tryed several different methods of installing GNU. All to no avail (you might see some similar issues as you are having). I believe that I had a hardware issue, because I switched to another computer with a newer hard drive and I was able to get GNU installed via Debian's crosshurd.

I understand that you have a restrictive Internet accuses, but just last night (09 July 07) I was able to go from formating a new hard drive to logging in as root in 'bout 30 minutes. Very little of that time was I truly on line. Something to consider.

Cheers
Teague