Re: Google Summer of Code: Installer for Hurd

Hi,

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 08:59:09AM -0300, Matheus Morais wrote:
> On 5/4/06, Baruch Even <baruch@debian.org> wrote:
> >A student proposed to do a project in porting the Debian-Installer to
> >the Hurd platform, this is part of the Google Summer of Code about which
> >I assume you already know.

There was another student who submitted a project for this, but you
(Matheus) seem better suited to me for this, so I urge you to submit
your proposal as well.

> >We will need a mentor from the Hurd folks to guide him, but first we
> >need someone to review the proposal and say that it is sane.

> Do you mean debian-hurd folks right? I have no one proposal made right now,
> I would like to share my project ideas with the mentor, build the propose
> and then submit it to google.

OK, but note that the deadline is on Monday, May 8th!

Matheus, you could mail a draft to me and ogi (or
debian-hurd@lists.debian.org as well, if you want).  Note that I will be
at LinuxTag tomorrow, so likely not very responsive.

> >You can register to be a mentor at
> >http://code.google.com/soc/mentor_step1.html, make sure you tick Debian
> >as the organization to be a mentor in, and let me know so I can approve
> >the request.

I did this now, but I would prefer if Ogi could mentor this project,
because he knows more about debian-installer and the Hurd internals than
me.  But if all else fails, I can mentor, I would really like to see
this project succeed!

> We need to hurry with this because the time to submit projects is ending.

Indeed.

cheers,

Michael