Re: Re: xserver-xorg-video-* drivers

* Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2006 Dec 15 09:15 -0600]:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 08:41:39AM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > How about the savage driver?  I'm playing with Debian Hurd on a
> > Thinkpad T23 with a Savage chipset.
>
> I've uploaded it to the semi-official gnuab repository now, it should be
> available in a couple of hours.  Please tell us whether it worked for
> you.

It installed fine.  After solving an xorg.conf problem of the incorrect
mouse device being specified and installing fonts, the X server starts
to the gray hashed background and the big X cursor and then shuts down.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log shows nothing really interesting:

FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc" refcount is 2, should be
1; fixing

Since I started the X server as root, nothing remarkable shows in
/root/.xsession-errors:

PRNG is not seeded

I have IceWM installed, but it never got that far.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"