Re: K14 CDs. Hurd problems.

On Sunday 12 November 2006 04:36, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 10:16:31AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > xorg-server without drm dependency (358015) and keyboard support
> > (349203), should be fixed in next release.
> >
> > For knowing when they get closed, you can subscribe to bugs by
> > sending an email to 349203-subscribe@bugs.debian.org for instance.
>
> I have uploaded xorg-server et al. to gnuab a while ago I think, so it
> should be installable in theory.  If it isn't, I'd welcome reports.
>
> We also need to file bugs on the various xserver-xorg-video-* drivers
> which Build-Depend on libdrm and possibly fix them to work without DRM.
>
> But at least the vesa driver should work.

I have started work again two days ago and made a few trial builds with
more than the usual one off problems because of the time delay.  nfs is
okay, xorg goes onto the discs, the vt's work but I have not got xorg
working as yet.  I will be having another attempt at xorg in a few
minutes.  Hints would be helpful.

console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -c /dev/vcs    works for the vt's.
The old system of configuring xorg does not work.

CK Raju has built up a Debian GNU/Hurd installation team which will be
taking over from me when it is ready.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
   philipc@copyleft.co.nz - personal.    info@copyleft.co.nz - business
  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz