Problem with installing Hurd on Seagate SATA Hard disc

   I am having a harddisk Seagate SATA Hard disc of size 250 GB, 256 MB of RAM.  I am trying to install hurd on it and failed many times.  I have hurd K8 CD,  and i have t o enter option "bf24" i.e., installing 2.4.x kernel otherwise installation won't continue.  This is the only option with which i can continue the installation.
After that i formatted "d" drive with option
   mke2fs -o hurd /dev/sda5
   then while installing the base system i gave a path to baseGNU.tgz file and edited the /boot/grub/menu.lst file as follows
root (hd0,4)
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/gnumach.gz root=device:hd4s5 -s
--exec-server-task=${exec-task} -T
typed ${root} $(task-create) $(task-resume)

module (hd0,4)/lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec
while booting the system stops at following point
2 modules loaded
device:hd4s5  not found ,
even i edited hd4s5 to sd4s5 it fails