Problem with installing Hurd on Seagate SATA Hard disc

Hi,

   I am having a harddisk Seagate SATA Hard disc of size 250 GB, 256 MB of RAM.  I am trying to install hurd on it and failed many times.  I have hurd K8 CD,  and i have t o enter option "bf24" i.e., installing 2.4.x kernel otherwise installation won't continue.  This is the only option with which i can continue the installation.

After that i formatted "d" drive with option

   mke2fs -o hurd /dev/sda5

   then while installing the base system i gave a path to baseGNU.tgz file and edited the /boot/grub/menu.lst file as follows

root (hd0,4)
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/gnumach.gz root=device:hd4s5 -s
module
(hd0,4)/hurd/ext2fs.static
--multiboot-command-line=${kernel-command-line}
--host-priv-port=${host-port}
--device-master-port=${device-port}
--exec-server-task=${exec-task} -T
typed ${root} $(task-create) $(task-resume)

module (hd0,4)/lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec
$(exec-task=task-create)

boot

while booting the system stops at following point
2 modules loaded
device:hd4s5  not found ,
even i edited hd4s5 to sd4s5 it fails