Re: Error installing Debian GNU/Hurd K10
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:23, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:06:09 +0100
> Alejandro Serrano <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Of course. I did the floppy boot disk, and followed all the
> > instructions. Although I'm installing on a completely blank machine,
> > not in any machine with GNU/Linux, that's why I'm using the Debian
> > CDs.
> Then I don't know how to help you :(
> I installed a couple of time using the first CD and everything went ok.
> This error seems really weird.
It has me beaten. I can only suggest running though a check list.
1. The Hurd partition was formatted for Hurd and not Linux?
2. ./native-install was run after the first (single user) reboot?
3. ./native-install was run after the second (single user) reboot?
4. The third reboot was multi-user?
5. <login root> was entered after the third reboot?
Rather childish I know, but I cannot think of anything else as no one else
seems to have had this problem.
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson Street, Abbotsford, Dunedin, New Zealand
+64 3 488 2818 Fax +64 3 488 2875 Mobile 025 267 9420
firstname.lastname@example.org - preferred. email@example.com
I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs. See http://www.copyleft.co.nz