Re: Error installing Debian GNU/Hurd K10

Andrea Bolognani escribió:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:58:14 +0100
Alejandro Serrano <trupill@yahoo.es> wrote:

When installing Debian GNU/Hurd K10 (the latest release) from CDs, everything goes OK, except that I receive a bunch of messages telling that no 'root' user exists: from chown, login... So, ./makedev and other scripts don't work correctly and I cannot login or make anything. I've followed all the steps: creating new Hurd and swap partitions, initializing the Hurd one (not the swap one), and then installing the base system. When I run ./native-install for first time, I start receiving those messages.
What can I do to solve this problem?

Did you boot into single mode the first time?

(Not sure it is somehow related with your problem, but seems worth checking.)
Of course. I did the floppy boot disk, and followed all the instructions. Although I'm installing on a completely blank machine, not in any machine with GNU/Linux, that's why I'm using the Debian CDs.

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com