Starting the Hurd console on bootup (was: Re: hurd get going?)

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:09:30AM -0600, Donald A. Syvanen wrote:
> However, when I try  to put the console series command in
> <user>/profile it does not work, the screen gets pretty hazy.  It
> turns out as a computer crash.  Is there a way to put it into an
> /etc/init.d file?

Actually, there is.  The latest Debian hurd package makes this pretty
easy.  Let me quote from the NEWS.Debian:

  * The Hurd console may now be started automatically on bootup.  The
    file `/etc/default/hurd-console' controls whether the Hurd console
    will be started, and if so, which options are used.  To get the
    Hurd console on bootup, change ENABLE to `true' and adjust the
    other options to your liking.

Please let us know about issues,

Michael

--