Re: heads up

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

*******
> I am not saying that 50% can't be achieved.  It probably can.  But 50%
> for us is much harder than 50% for another Linux port, that's all I am
> saying.  There should be some factor to take that into account.

There is a major difference between the GNU/Hurd and all the Linux and
BSD ports.  We are creating a new os.

This means that we have a different agenda when compared with the other
ports.  The example I know best in the installation CDs;  these are a
temporary hack to enable people to get a system running and hopefully get
on with some real development.  A proper installer can come later when the
infrastructure has been developed.

I have a GNU/Hurd system on a HDD which I can plug in when needed.

Phil.

  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz