Re: Testers wanted: New installation method

Scribit Michael Banck dies 02/08/2004 hora 15:02:
> I'd like to get some testers for a new installation method. It is
> based on Roland's ext2 xattr-hurd patches for Linux-2.6, which enables
> us to extract a base tarball with intact passive translators, thus not
> requiring native-install.

I have two questions about this:

- is this patch planned to be included in stock kernels?
- is it possible to add and configure translators from GNU/Linux (i.e.
  are there utilities to do that) or the tarball must be created under
  an already working Hurd system?

Lately,
Nowhere man
--