Re: openldap2

Christopher Bodenstein wrote:

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:29:06PM +0100, Manuel Menal wrote:
Hello,

Hello Manuel,

There is another "problem", which is that openldap2 build-deps
to libsasl2-dev, provided by cyrus-sasl2, which in turn build-deps
to libldap2-dev. That's no problem really, you just need to build
cyrus-sasl2 without LDAP support, then build openldap2, then
rebuild cyrus-sasl2 with LDAP support. Yeah, it sucks. :)

Yes, I noticed that not only with cyrus-sasl2 but also with heimdal
(IIRC).

I was going to put the built packages on http://packages.hurdfr.org
today. But if you have cyrus-sasl2 built with LDAP support and
openldap2 with SASL support, then thanks, that avoids me a
rebuild :-)

I don't have it yet, and I noticed that it still depended on a couple
of unavailable packages (like heimdal-dev, kerberos4kth-dev and
postgresql-dev). So feel free to build it ;)

Cheers,

Best regards,

--
Manuel Menal

Chris

Chris,

I have built krb4 and postgresql if you want those packages.

Barry deFreese
Debian 3.0r1 "Woody"
GNU/Hurd
Registered Linux "Newbie" #302256 - Hurd H4XX0r wannabe

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving
to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is
winning." Rich Cook.