Re: corrupt baseGNU.tgz in K8 CD1 and mini

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Billy O'Connor wrote:

> > Both these unpacked OK when I tested them.  So I suspect it is something
> > to do with your system.  Can you give us some more details please.
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Yes, I noticed it too.  And after the install failed to untar
> baseGNU.tgz, I noticed that nano wasn't properly installed, a self
> referencing symlink iirc.  I mentioned this on the
> irc.freenode.net/#hurd and was told it was a bug.

Something weird going on here.  nano is not in K8 baseGNU, it was replaced
with nano-tiny because of the problem you mentioned.

Are you refering to install.sh when it is run?  But then install.sh is not
on the mini-iso.

Are you unpacking onto an installed system?

Phil.

  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz