Re: Thanks for your work

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 10:55:20PM +0100, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> Am Fri, 31 Dec 2004 05:00:11 +0100 schrieb Jason Stechschulte:
> > is it normally necessary to do a re-install to
> > upgrade the version of Hurd?
>
> Of course not! This is Debian!
>
> Neither do you have to download any CD
> images. Just fix your /etc/apt/sources.list:

You know someone really should slap me upside the head for asking that.
I've been a Debian GNU/Linux user for years and years, so I should have
known it would be that easy.

I did read in the documentation that in the past, it has been
recommended to do a fresh install at some points, but that it is
normally not required.   So I'll just keep the system up to date in the
normal fashion and be notified on the lists if a complete re-install is
recommended.

--
Jason Stechschulte
stech@enormousplow.com

The Poems, all three hundred of them, may be summed up in one of their phrases:
"Let our thoughts be correct".
		-- Confucius