Re: Emacs giving segmentation fault.
- To: Donghong Gao <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Emacs giving segmentation fault.
- From: Thomas Schwinge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 04:01:44 -0500
- Message-id: <20051206090143.GA28981@fencepost>
- In-reply-to: <000501c5fa0c$cd5309d0$0e01a8c0@ConveyorDynamicsInc.local>
- References: <000501c5fa0c$cd5309d0$0e01a8c0@ConveyorDynamicsInc.local>
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 06:28:52PM -0800, Donghong Gao wrote:
> I recently got emacs segmentation fault. Could you please give some ideas why and how to make emacs work again.
The `emacs21' package, which is what you probably installed, is broken.
Use `emacs-snapshot' instead.