Re: Where to get a grub boot image

When I installed HURD K9 from mini-iso I installed grub in this way. I
simply copied files stage1 and stage2 to a floppy in command line. The
command line was an item of installer menu. I could not use command dd
in command line because that was not support nesessery flags. Then I
used dd on installed Linux system. It is better to have an installed
Linux when You want to install HURD.

dd if=stage1 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 count=1

dd if=stage2 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 seek=1

and then I booted from floppy.

grub>setup (hd0)

then it installed on hd0 and then I wrote a file grub.conf with a boot
script and copied it to /boot/grub with the help of Linux. I simply
mounted a HURD partition in Linux. Then I booted from hdd and in
command prompt of grub typed

grub>configfile=/boot/grub/grub.conf
all worked