Re: floppy disk

Hello fomin!

Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:10:51 +0400, you wrote:

 > I have just installed debian GNU HURD on my computer by means of
 > mini-iso image. Then I have added several devices cdrom, floppy and
 > other partition of my hard disk with MAKEDEV. I vave written cdrom
 > into file fstab but other created devices i have not written into that
 > file. than I have tried to mount the devices. cdrom have been mounted
 > succsessfully but floppy /dev/fd0 was not mounted successfully mount
 > -t msdos /dev/fd0, I tried to substitute fat16 and fat in place of
 > msdos. But system said me that that is not supported filesystem. and
 > when I typed fat the system hanged. For other partition of hard disk
 > /dev/hd0s5 system replied that hurd/ext2fs failed. Could You tell me
 > what does it all mean? And how can I use floppy and other partition of
 > my hard disk? sincerelly Lev

The hurdish way to "mount" devices is to attach a translator to a node,
using the settrans command. For a floppy, it would look like:

settrans -cga /mnt/floppy /hurd/fatfs /dev/fd0

You can have the help of settrans by doing settrans --help

All translators are "normal" programs, so you should be able to have
help of themselves too (/hurd/fatfs --help for example).

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - kilobug@nerim.net - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org