Re: Xserver cannot open keyboard

Hmmm,

I got the same thing for a while after after a software update.  The
console command I posted is the one I got to work after fiddeling with the
switches and arguments for a while.

Mabey the advertised method will work for you.  See

http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/HurdConsole

It's ...

console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse \
        -d generic_speaker -c /dev/vcs

Also, it's possible the console program doesn't like where I put the \
delimiter.  Try entering it all on the same line.  (Although I'm reaching
with this suggestion.)

Good Luck

Chris