Re: Problems building K8 / L1 CDs

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:59:39 +0000
"Neal H. Walfield" <neal@walfield.org> wrote:

> > I am getting errors with the trial build of the K8 set which was built
> > using the latest archives.
> >
> > These messages were copied by hand.
> >
> > When booting.
> >
> > hd0: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveRady SeekCompleteError }
> > hd0: dma_intr: error 0x84 { BadCRC DriveStatusError }
> > 	LBAsect=4054335, sector=114440
> > (This is repeated for a number of sectors.)
>
> This is a Mach message and it seems to suggest that you might have a
> bad drive.

Could be a bad drive, but also some IDE controllers (usually VIA) have trouble with the DMA code from linux 2.2.x and 2.0.x.

If at the end of that messages you see "DMA disabled" and "reset: success" (and you are sure that your drive is ok), is usually safe to ignore this errors.

---
Sergio López
koro@menteslibres.org