Re: How I got X working

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 07:45:30PM +0100, Pierre Gillmann wrote:
> Me! I tried it x-times with the HowTo in the HURD installationguide.

Which one exactly? The one from http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd ?
If that is still describing the old method, we should update it (and
perhaps send patches to Neal if he wants to change his own version to
current Debian practise).

> I hope xfce4 works on HURD.

I got it working and put up packages at
deb http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd-xfce4/ ./

I don't know whether they are still working though, so please report
back about success or failure.

I think most of the issues have been fixed in the official Debian XFCE
packages, they might simply need a recompile.

cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Banck