Re: Hello a quick questions ...

       1.) Can I test some how on vmware or do i need a second pc? I
   can pick up a junker ...

vmware is non-free software, so you shouldn't use that.  Bochs and
qemu work quite well, although bochs is a bit slow.  I think Marcus
uses qemu when hacking on Hurd/L4.

       2.) Is there work for people who have just taken the standard
   micro-kernel construction courses ?

Yes, any work you wish to do.  Find something that is broken, or
something that you don't like and either implement it or fix it.

       3.) I am kinda hoping to contribute 4 to 8 hours per week ...
   is that ok?

Oh, I wish that I had that much time...

Good luck and happy hacking!